Friday, March 28, 2008

Nothing but the Girls!

I have been out of the blogging world for the last week or so because my 4 year old daughter and I took our first girls trip. We flew out to San Francisco to see a friend’s new baby. I also must tell you that I left my 2 year old son with my husband for a week of male bonding.



This was a trip I was not only was excited about but I also needed for a mental health break from the home front. Overall the trip was wonderful! The baby is super sweet and my daughter had a blast.

Here are a few things I have learned about taking a girls trip with a 4 year old and leaving your son and husband on their own for the week.
- Take a lot of little snacks for the plane ride. I say little because it keeps things interesting if they can have many different snacks instead of just a big bag of chips or something.
- Apologize to the person that is sitting in front and on the side of your child at the beginning of the flight. No matter how much I told my daughter not to kick the seat or yell, she still did it. Now I must say she was pretty good, but there were still some moments.
- Buy some new little toys or games for the plane. Since these were all things she had never seen or played with just getting them out of the package and open was an adventure. (and took up time)
- When leaving your husband and your 2 yr old son to fend for themselves make sure there is a lot of easily prepared foods that are nutritious… or they will just live off of Hardees.
- Do not expect to come home to a clean house. Just be happy that everyone is safe. However I must tell you.. when we walked in the house I immediately smelled gas. I ran to the kitchen to find the knob on the stove top turned. My husband then comments …’Oh that is where that smell is coming from, I thought I smelled gas when I woke up’ OMG!!! I am so thankful that my house did not blow up or that the dogs didn't take a nap and never wake up!

Wellp, we are back and look forward to getting back to the normal daily routine!

My Web Site – http://www.kidsinstl.com/

Added a bunch of activities to the calendar. Trying to get it pumped up with activities for spring and summer. Go to the site http://www.kidsinstl.com/ and check it out!!

Here is a preview of what is on our Recommended Toys Page:

No comments: